Thursday, October 15, 2009

First Attempt :: Diaper Bag

I was in charge of making a diaper bag for one of the shower games that my mom is planning for my sister-in-law. She wanted one that was a little larger than the ones I usually do. I found this pattern in the Amy Butler Little Stitches pattern book that I have. I left out the side pockets and inside elastic pockets for the sake of sanity and time. I did put in the divider and like the contrasting polkadots. I also cheated on the straps and just used cotton webbing. All in all, it is a bag that she can use when she has the baby and it is quite sturdy, I don't know how many layers some parts ended up having as I tried to fudge the pattern and use the stabilzer that I had on hand.

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

That bag is adorable Becky!!!

Allison said...

That is so cute...wish I'd had a great diaper bag like that one!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Very cute stuff! Keep creating!

Ruth said...

wow, it turned out good! I like the size and how sturdy it looks! And good idea with the handles ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin