Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Car seat Covers….Again

As you may or may not remember, quite some time ago I made a very crude car seat cover for my daughter.

Well, yesterday she finally got a booster that I found at a garage sale, it was in pretty much perfect condition except for the seat cushion which was pretty stained looking. So in literally 15 minutes this came together – very basic sewing knowledge only!!! I used the old seat cushion and just covered it with a piece of fabric, sewed overtop of the seam lines down the center and added binding on the edges – done!

100_3939

I took off the old girly seat cover and was still left with this very dirty car seat that now needs to be used for Ethan.

I have had some practice since my first attempt on this infant car seat:

I took it apart and added new fabric and put it back together again using a tutorial for guidance.

I learned a few things in the process and this one turned out almost perfectly (and I didn’t have to do a canopy)

 

100_3943

100_3945

I used a nice dark navy blue for the center so it doesn’t show too much dirtiness and some sock monkey fabric that is new from Hobby Lobby. I also used grosgrain ribbon for the binding on the edges to finish it off. It went much faster this time and I LOVE how it turned out!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristin said...

great job Becky! i love them both, but that monkey fabric is too cute!! pretty sure your kids are perfectly safe w/ the new fabric on them too! :)

trolley jacks said...

If you are one of those people who are highly obsessed with one's car or if you are one of those obsessive compulsive types who freaks when it comes to everything then a good car seat cover will ensure the protection of your car seat.

Web Digital Media Group - Website Design Digital Marketing Company said...

there are a lot of design of car seat cover really very nice.
visit our site for Custom seat covers

Unknown said...

Seat covers is a protector that provides beautiful looking from any seat. It is also protected form the suns uv rays, food and drink spills, sliding in and out of your vehicle, etc. Our company provides many kinds of beautiful seat covers. I am totally impressed with this article and the information you have posted on here is really helpful and informative. Thanks admin.
Seat Covers Unlimited

Blog Widget by LinkWithin